Delivering an academic advising program that is committed to excellence & that seeks to foster & support student’s success.
Providing our students with outstanding academic guidance so as to perform academically well, graduate on time; and to avoid them from getting into probation track.
Head: Dr. Ragwa Mansour and Dr. Nadia Sharaf
Members: All academic staff of the faculty of pharmacy and biotechnology
Our academic advisors are committed to provide quality, holistic advisement services that meet each student’s needs according to his/her academic case. We provide academic consultancy for our students throughout the year not only during the advising period. Every advisor is responsible for 4-5 students, where he study their cases properly through student’s history & transcript (online advising system), to make a suitable schedule for the student which meets his needs & fulfills the educational standards of the faculty of Pharmacy, GUC.
Late Graduate Students Counseling Committee
We provide special academic counseling service for the students who exceed the expected time to graduate (5 years for pharmacy and 4 years for biotechnology program respectively).
- Provide academic support for the students including extra office hours, extra tutorials etc.
- Enhance the students’ academic performance to help them to graduate and to avoid further late graduation time
- Make an estimated graduation date with proposed graduation plans, that should be acknowledged by the students and approved by the vice dean for students affairs
- Monitor the students’ performance throughout the semester to guarantee their commitment to the study plan
- Report the students’ performance and progress in weekly basis by following their attendance, quiz grades, etc.
- Solve the problems the students can encounter such as conflict in the quizzes and exam schedules, problem with compensation, etc.
- Present the cases to a higher managerial level when needed.
Vice dean for students AFFAIRS.
Heads of the advising committee.
Selected lecturer, associate professors and professors