Volunteer Junior Teaching Assistants (VJTAS) Program is designed for the students of the Faculty of Pharmacy and Biotechnology especially those who are willing to pursue academic career after their graduation..
- Equipping students with the lab experience and skills to be added to their resume as VJTAs especially for those who will seek a post grad degree abroad and accordingly will need to apply for TA scholarship.
- Preparing top ranked students for the future career as TAs at the GUC.
- Opening channel of communication between the academic staff, and teaching assistants in the different faculty departments and the students.
- Motivating and inspiring the students.
- Showing the VJTAs as a role model for their younger colleagues
- Selecting of competent students to engage in research teams at the faculty
Responsibility of the VJTAs:
- Helping the TAs in preparation of the lab experiments
- Attending Pre-lab meeting
- Helping in distribution of the chemicals and lab material during the practical session.
- Attending lab explanation.
- Standing with the TAs during the lab supervision..