The Students Curriculum Committee consists of volunteering students from different study years of the Faculty of Pharmacy and Biotechnology, and headed by Dr. Reham Abdelkader, lecturer of Pharmacology and Toxicology.
The objective of the SCC is to:
- Equip the students with leadership soft skills
- Enhance the students communication skills
- Enhance the educational process at the Faculty of Pharmacy and Biotechnology.
- Open a communication channel between the faculty, university and the students.
- Create a communication channel between faculty & students & between students themselves.
- Raise the awareness of the importance of the curriculum committee among their colleague students.
- Express their opinion & their colleagues’ opinions in new course or program proposals.
- Express their opinion & their colleagues’ opinions regarding enhancement of running courses/ programs.
- Give an ongoing feedback regarding course content, teaching methods, assessment methods, etc.
- Give their feedback together with their colleagues’ feedback concerning students’ workload per course/semester
- Participate in comparative studies comparing their study programs to programs of international reputable universities.
- Participate in discussions concerning pre- requisites, repetition & redundancy of courses or topics.
- Express their opinion regarding continuous education.
- Participate in suggesting training that students need during their undergraduate studies.
- Participate in suggestions related to internships & making collaboration with national & international institutions.
- Participate in probation lectures to evaluate new academics