Overview and Establishment:
GUC quality journey started since its inauguration in 2003 by having an internal quality system that includes procedures done to guarantee the quality of its programs together with external reviews as university through the Quality and accreditation Center.
The Quality Assurance and Accreditation unit (QAAU) of the faculty of Pharmacy and Biotechnology was established as separate unit since 2013 and supported by its staff members and by the Quality Assurance Center of the university (QAAC)
The unit would act as a link between the center and the faculties in delivering all the Messages and monitoring the quality activities. Employees were hired and given the Title Quality Management Specialists and Coordinators for the unit besides the academic staff members.
The faculty of Pharmacy is committed to the quality and the standards of the education offered by adopting a system of continuous monitoring, review and evaluation of all programs offered to ensure the quality and standards of teaching and learning at the program of Pharmacy. The internal quality system includes procedures to guarantee the quality of the program of pharmacy together with external reviews.
The Quality Assurance and accreditation unit at the German University in Cairo aims at being an eminent quality center. This is achieved and maintained by applying the best international quality concepts, standards and continuous quality improvement related to all of the educational processes.
In line with the GUC’s mission The Quality Assurance and accreditation unit mission is to ensure achieving excellence in teaching and research by adopting the highest quality curricula and applying the highest quality teaching, research and administration. This is accomplished by adopting the best international practices in the field of quality and establishing and diffusing quality culture and continuous quality improvement. The Quality Assurance and accreditation unit maintains the processes of national and international accreditation at program and system accreditation levels together with the processes of establishing new courses and programs whether academic or professional. It also assists in forming and managing different types of evaluation and gaining feedback from different stakeholders to enhance the effectiveness of academic programs and services.
In view of growing concern about quality management and accreditation issues, and given the importance of quality for on-going value creation, the objectives are:
- To Gain the trust of the Egyptian, regional and international community in the outputs of the educational process in the faculty.
- To Spread The culture of quality assurance among all staff of the faculty
- To Support the process of quality assurance and accreditation, and encourage all departments to participate in all accreditation requirements.
- To Support continuous improvement processes by directing the various development activities in each field to keep pace with quality standards.
- To Establish mutual relations with quality assurance agencies and organizations at the regional and international levels in order to obtain accreditation for programs
- To Cooperateand collaborate with similar bodies and stakeholders at the regional and international levels.
- To Assisst in building the institutional capacity and educational effectiveness
- To Apply the necessary mechanisms to achieve the effectiveness and continuity of internal and external audit systems